Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 1 of 24


FINALLY


training has officially started and I kicked it off with a 21 km run. Yes I know it planned on doing 30...but no disappointment here because the schedule said: Monday: resting day. So, this is me again respecting the rule of resting. 
No, I do not believe in resting even tough I should. I try to convince myself to respect my 3 resting days per week. (But 3 days...come on!)


On Wednesday I did approximately 10 km with the Running Club and I took over the faster group which was fun because I could go on my full speed and talk with other non English people about Halloween crazyness in England, I mean...come on? What's up with all the fake blood anyways?


Yesterday (Thursday) I did some Interval training which consisted in 10 minutes running-in and then 5 x 800 meters in a time of 4:10 per km. Interval training is definitely not as easy as you think, you constantly need to force yourself to keep going at such a full speed. And even in btw the intervals you are not allowed to stop but just told to run slower.It is a good way of improving your stamina and your respiration, so I hope I'll manage to convince myself to do this every time it is on the schedule. 


So, this is it up until now. I feel good and happy that the first week is on!
I'm off to my Friday morning run:) (again, not on the schedule...I can't just NOT go)

No comments:

Post a Comment