Thursday, October 29, 2009

long time, no post...

Hey...
I feel a bit guilty about first starting this blog but then neglecting it again..hmm it is probably because training doesn't start until the first of November...which will be Monday...!!
Looking forward to it...only 24 weeks to go:). I feel less anxious about it now than I did a few weeks ago, but I do have some things that bother me now. As my training will fall into the cold winter season, getting colds is something I have to live with I guess. I always try to wear nice warm clothes but last weekend I nevertheless got a cold and a slight fever. I had to give up running for a few days and I felt horrible. I know that running with a cold just makes things worse and I knew that if I'd go out and run, my fever would of course not go down. So I treated myself with chocolate and cookies over the weekend:). I was happy I could go running again on monday, so happy that I ran 25 km without any problems and my fever hasn't returned.
 I guess for someone who is reading this and is not running it is easy to see that if you are sick you should not just go out running. But I on the other hand get aggitated and nervous and I can't wait to go out there again. I really have to force myself to not go out there.
I usually get sick once every winter, so I hope that this now I am fine for this year because having to give up again and again on my long runs and training will drive me crazy, especially as the marathon will draw nearer...
Next Monday I try to go on a 30 km run...I've never been that far...I'll let you guys know how I managed:)!

Paule

1 comment: