Sunday, April 4, 2010

i am a lazy lazy blogger!

It is two weeks before the marathon and I haven't posted anything in over a month. I am back in Luxembourg at the moment and I hoped the weather would be nice (last year I remember running in shorts and a top while being at home for easter). I was mistaken, it is still cold and it seems that summer is far far away...
Now my hopes are up for nice weather once I am back in Brighton again, which will be in a few days time! I heard the weather was quite bad over there as well with stormy weather, rain etc. Sounds like a  nicesetting for the marathon! I could cope with rain over 21 km but I do not want to remember my first marathon as my first big swim.

Anyhow, training goes down smoothly, ran 30 km 5 times some 32 km, 34, 35...long distances are no longer scary. The only thing that bothers me is that my cold and my cough won't go away...so, I will run this 30 km hoping it will not get any worse (I read some horrible horrible things on the internet about people running with colds and getting heart muscle inflammations...:S). Since tomorrow is a public holiday, I will queue for a doctor on tuesday and I hope he will not give me any antibiotics since this would mean no running for the time being and the marathon is less than two weeks away...

Even tough I will be tapering down after today I do not want to stop my runs!  I hope for the best and I hope I did not make things worse because I ran with the cold over the winter..
Keep your fingers crossed! Anyway, I am off for my laaast long run:)!

By the way this is "tapering": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapering

No comments:

Post a Comment