Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sussex Beacon Half Marathon

After a week of total rest because of a cough and a cold at the beginning of February, I've managed to do another 3o km after I'd recovered! YES! I was afraid  I would loose some stamina but they went even better than my first 30 km so I have nothing to worry about!
For the marathon, training goes allright so far. 

But I am a bit anxious about tomorrow; I am going to run the Sussex Beacon Half Marathon in Brighton! It may not be my first half but I really want it to be the fastest so far! I have trained hard for the marathon and achieving a personal best in the half would mean a great gratification at the moment!
The time I aim for is 1:40...
I am not sure whether anyone can understand these but here are my splits I am going to pin on my t-shirt tomorrow:

5 km:    23:42
10 km:  47:24
15 km:  1:11:05
20 km:  1:34:47

I am afraid that it is too ambitious...I could say everything under 1:45 would be fine as well...if worse come to worse anything better than my last half will do but I'll aim for the 1:40 nevertheless!

I hope it will not be too windy as the last 10 k along the seafront was hard to manage because of the wind! Plus, the weather forecast doesn't look to promising! On the other hand, it is supposed to be a fast and flat course and I have my wonderful supporters with me;)!
Well, let us hope for the best, I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment