Saturday, January 16, 2010

no post for a looong time!

Wow...I've been a lazy blogger! 

My last post has been nearly a month ago when I was still at home in Luxembourg! I did go on a lot of runs at home but unfortunately did not manage to go longer than two times 25 km!
I had a fever that knocked me down for several days which was so frustrating. Just to be at home and not go out and run in the snow was so hard! But, I waited till I felt better and signed up for my first ever trail!
It was such a nice run! Since I've never ever run a trail I did not know what to expect but hoped to do well even tough I had been sick the days before.
Surprisingly the people that were ahead of me stopped at several points during the race, I noticed that they did so because the route went down steps that were so icy that it was impossible and too dangerous to run them down. The hills that you had to run up were similarly impossible to run and so people walked these as well. I was surprised that everyone did so and everyone was really polite and did overtake another runner during these passages. 

Here are some pictures from the race:





 


 
  




I prefer the last one, with my stupid face! I actually got a flower, first time I "won" something at a race (even tough it did not last until the next day).
Here are my results: I managed to come forth as you see "4 dam" yaay!


FKREMER Paule1988LUX
1:02:451:03:246:21 9.464damWALFERDANGE
I was surprised by how good I felt during the race and how I liked the route and the type of the race!
Next year I will not run the 10 km one but attempt to aim for the 22 or 37 km route...let's see;)

So, I hoped for better weather conditions in England but as everyone knows...England and snow equals chaos..
I did go for 4 runs on what was basically ice...It was hard and frustrating...
Thank God everything as melted now and tomorow I'll go for a looooong run!!
Looking forward to it because it has been ages that I was able to train properly...the marathon is drawing nearer and nearer as well, so I hope this was the last month that the weather has been this awful!!

paule

3 comments: